A kitchen helper cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment, helps in basic food preparation, and with receiving and stores products in kitchens, restaurants, clubs, fast food outlets, and catering companies. Kitchen helpers have knowledge of general kitchen operations and of general food storage guidelines.
They perform various cleaning, maintenance, preparation, and stocking duties in the kitchens of restaurants, hospitals, schools, and nursing homes. They wash dishes, help cooks prepare meal ingredients, and clean kitchens.
- Location: Ponoka, AB
- Salary: $15.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to hire a hard-working kitchen helper to clean, stock, and maintain the kitchen as well as help with the preparation of meal ingredients. The kitchen helper’s responsibilities include retrieving ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom, measuring ingredients as per the cook’s instructions, and removing leftovers from patrons’ plates, bowls, and glasses. You should also be able to ensure that all work areas are properly sanitized.
To be successful as a kitchen helper, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures and remove expired or spoiled ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom. Ultimately, an outstanding kitchen helper should be able to follow all food health and safety regulations and display exceptional organizational skills to ensure the timely completion of kitchen duties.
Responsibilities of Kitchen Helper:
- Preparing meal ingredients for the cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing ingredients.
- Assist kitchen staff to unload food supplies from delivery trucks.
- Properly washing and drying all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments, and cutting boards.
- Neatly put away all utensils, cooking instruments, dishes, and cutting boards in their respective places.
- Packing take-out orders as needed.
- Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
- Mopping and sweeping the kitchen areas as required.
- Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety standards.
Kitchen Helper Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience helping in kitchen settings.
- A food handler’s license.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to safely use kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Sound knowledge of food safety standards and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
No degree, certificate, or diploma
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Standing for extended periods
Team player; Reliability
Kitchen Helpers Skills
Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit; Remove kitchen garbage and trash; Handle and store cleaning products; Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances, and equipment; Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, and other storage areas; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
Do not apply If you are not authorized to work in Canada. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply