They assist elevator mechanics in making mechanical and electrical repairs and adjustments to the elements and components of passenger and freight elevators, which include cables, sheaves, glands, motors, generators, starters, relays and controls, brakes, solenoids, safeties, etc; make routine inspections of elevator
Details of the job
- Location: Brantford, ON
- Salary: $20.00 to $23.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Seasonal employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 4 vacancies
- Temporary work assignment
We are looking to hire an elevator mechanic helper to service and maintain our client’s elevators, moving walkways, and escalators. As an elevator mechanic, you will be required to oversee the installation of new elevators, perform routine maintenance, troubleshoot malfunctioning systems, repair or replace parts, and conduct safety tests.
To ensure success as an elevator mechanic, you should have advanced mechanical study of elevator systems, good troubleshooting skills, and be able to work after hours if required. Ultimately, a top-class elevator mechanic installs, repairs, and maintains a client’s system with the least amount of downtime.
Elevator mechanics are skilled technicians that install, repair and maintain elevators as well as escalators and mechanical walkways. Elevator mechanics may specialize in either installation or repairs as an independent contractors or as an employee of a company.
Responsibilities of Elevator Mechanic:
- Overseeing the installation of elevators, mechanical walkways, and escalators.
- Responding to mechanical failures and system malfunctions.
- Installing and testing electrical systems.
- Servicing and maintaining machine parts.
- Repairing or replacing system parts.
- Oiling and greasing moving parts.
- Carrying out safety checks.
- Maintaining stock and ordering supplies.
- Maintaining a clean working area.
Requirements of Elevator Mechanic :
- High school diploma or GED.
- Relevant mechanical certification.
- Previous work experience as an elevator mechanic.
- Advanced knowledge of elevator systems, mechanical walkways, and escalators.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical malfunctions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to travel and work after hours when required.
- Ability to work independently.
Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.