Tailors are responsible for Altering, repairing, or modifying garments for customers based on their specifications, needs, and preferences. They take customers’ measurements, assist in fabric selection, and arrange fittings to determine whether additional adjustments are needed.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate. Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years. Specific Skills: Operate sewing machines or sew by hand. Make made-to-measure garments according to customer and manufacturing specifications. Fit, alter, and repair garments as required. Mark, cut, and sew fabric. Select and modify commercial patterns to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit.
- Location: 681 Columbia Street New Westminster, BCV3M 1A8
- Salary: $19.50 to $21.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are hiring a skilled and dedicated individual that is willing to work as a Tailor for our company.
Your duties as a tailor include constructing, modifying, altering, and repairing garments for our clients. You should also help customers in selecting the type of material as well as the design for the clothing. In addition to this, you should sew garments which are old and outdated as per the requirements of the clients.
You should sew different garments embellishments such as hooks, zips, buttons, or snap fasteners as per the specifications of the customers. You should strictly follow the instructions/guidelines provided by the customer while stitching their clothes. Furthermore, you should complete the order by removing all the chalk marks as well as ironing the garment.
As an ideal candidate, you should possess extraordinary customer satisfaction abilities and problem-solving skills. The ability to pay close attention to detail will be an asset. You should also have excellent hand-eye coordination and amazing sewing skills.
If your experience and skills match our criteria for the role of Tailor, apply for this job now. We will love to meet you.
- Discussing with the clients about altering and repairing garments as per their requirements
- Taking accurate measurements and make necessary calculations
- Attaching labels to various clients’ garment materials.
- Writing the client’s design preferences and specifications in an accurate manner.
- Modifying garments using embellishments to enhance the appearance of the clothes.
- Repairing clothes of clients as per the conditions of garments.
- Creating garments according to design specifications and preferences.
- Providing proper bills to the clients for the creation of garments.
- Staying up to date with the various garment design ideas and latest trends.
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate in this field.
- Prior experience working as a Tailor, Custom Designer, or a related role.
- Strong working knowledge of various fabrics and embroidery threads.
- Proficiency in using different types of sewing machines.
- Amazing hand-eye coordination abilities.
- Exceptional ability to pay close attention to details.
- Excellent sewing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team or individually as and when required.
- Ability to manage and handle multiple tasks.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Operate sewing machines or sew by hand; Make made-to-measure garments according to customer and manufacturing specifications; Fit, alter, and repair garments as required; Mark, cut, and sew fabric; Select and modify commercial patterns to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit
Who can apply for this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply