A front desk agent is the first point of contact with hotel guests. They use their skills and professional experience to anticipate guests’ needs and provide them with a pleasant experience during their stay. They book reservations, check guests in and out of their rooms and accommodate any special needs or requests
- Location: North Sydney, NS
- Salary: $12.95 to $14.00HOUR hourly for 8 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Casual employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies 1 vacancy
We are looking to hire an upbeat front desk agent to help with checking guests in and out of our establishment. The front desk agent will assist guests with inquiries, problems, and complaints. The front desk agent will be responsible for receiving guests’ payments and for balancing the cash at end of the shift. You will be familiar with the hotel layout, be up to date with different tariffs and special offers, understand the in-house restaurant’s operation to facilitate guests’ dining reservations and to make recommendations, and be proficient with operating the switchboard. You will ensure keys are handed back on guests’ departure.
To ensure success you will be professional and pleasant in challenging situations and take responsibility for the satisfaction of guests from arrival to departure. Preferred candidates will be positive, pro-active, and be skilled at multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities of Front Desk Agent:
- Greeting and thanking guests in a sincere, friendly manner.
- Checking guests in on arrival and out on departure.
- Posting charges to appropriate guest accounts.
- Anticipating and addressing guests’ needs, and resolving their problems and complaints.
- Assisting guests with disabilities.
- Operating switchboard and assisting with inquiries.
- Assisting the reservations manager with taking reservations.
- Collaborating and communicating with other internal departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complying with company procedures and safety policies.
- Performing duties on a daily checklist.
Front Desk Agent Requirements:
- High school diploma or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years front desk agent experience preferred.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Physically agile, and able to stand for extended periods.
- Available to work shifts, over weekends, and on public holidays
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Take, cancel and change room reservations
Register arriving guests and assign rooms
Provide information on hotel facilities and services
Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments
Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
Provide general information about points of interest in the area
Follow emergency and safety procedures
Handle wake-up calls
Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
Word processing software
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Team player; Dependability; Reliability; Organized;
Who can apply to this job?
You can only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
39 Forrest St
North Sydney , NS
B2A 3B1 Between 08:00 AM and 07:00 PM