A picker selects merchandise from shelves and prepares items for shipping. Pickers are found in warehouses, distribution centers, and production facilities. Also known as picker packer, order picker, or warehouse picker.
Details of the Job
- Location: Dundas, ON
- Salary: $16.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies 1 vacancy
We are looking to hire an experienced picker to assist us in preparing orders for shipping. The picker will utilize requisitions and order sheets to pick a wide variety of items, place and arrange items in containers and bins following specific instructions, and arrange containers on pallets. The picker will check containers for damage, and confirm correct items and quantities are selected. You will perform duties in accordance with standard operating instructions, and ensure inbound and outbound shipments are correct and defect-free. You will operate a forklift, maintain equipment and perform basic maintenance, conduct physical inventories and report quality variances.
To ensure success in this position you will need to perform to a high level of accuracy. Top candidates will be upstanding, organized and able to perform under pressure.
Responsibilities of Picker :
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat, and well-organized.
- Packing incoming stock away, taking inventory, and reporting shortages.
- Records Keeping of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Picking orders as requested by management.
- Sealing and tagging containers, confirming the accuracy of orders and signing pick tickets to confirm.
- Ensuring correct shipping information is attached and moving completed orders to shipping area.
- Placing containers on pallets, and securing with stretch wrap, shrink wrap and strapping.
- Loading and unloading trucks by using totes, jacks and forklifts.
- Complying with OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Assisting in maintaining security of warehouse.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years of work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with a diverse range of people.
- Proficient with using tools required for this position.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Proficient organizational skills.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Bag, box or parcel purchases for customers, for shipment or delivery
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Walking;
Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Reliability;
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply